Friday, March 4, 2011

The insanity began at our house today.  Please note: the National Weather Service is currently calling for snow flurries tonight.  

I love Texas weather.

However, regardless, anyway, I planted in my garden.

Here's a quick run-down of the victims...., eer, I mean plants.
Mary Washington Asparagus
Martha Stewart told me to buy this type of asparagus, so I did.  Really, I know very little about it (other than what I just read).  Wait to harvest this until the second year.  Seedlings produce more than crowns (which I planted crowns).  They love manure - straight manure.  

Red Potatoes
I really want these to taste as good as Muleshoe.  You see, my hometown raises a lot of potatoes.  And they are delicious.  Here's hoping I did something right out there today.

Onions
I have some volunteers left-over from last year so we'll see how they do.  Also, I wonder what kind of onion I really got.  My package just says 'white'.

Garlic
I LOVE GARLIC!

Shallots - I was just recently introduced to shallots. Hopefully they'll want to live here too!

Mesclun
Spinach

I'll post later on their harvest dates. We'll see if I can keep them alive that long. Now, to go move the water.

(C) Courtney G. Milleson, M.Ed.
courtneymilleson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment